2015 San Diego Ceramic Connection Chili Potluck Winners
Thanks to the nearly 100 neighbors who turned out and contributed to the 19th Annual Community Chili Potluck! There were 10 big pots of awesome chili and 4 pans of delicious cornbread to feed the crowd. It was a fun time hanging out with neighbors, enjoying our home cooked chili, and buying the beautiful handmade bowls… all in support of McKinley Elementary School!
The 2015 Chili Champs were as follows:
Best Meat Chili: Scot Blair for his Peruvian Gaucho Chili
Best Vegetarian Chili: Gabrielle Dumka for her Super Veggie Chili
Most Unique Chili: Theresa Talley for her San Diego Fishermen’s Chili (with tuna and rock crab compliments of the fishermen of Tuna Harbor)
Best Overall Chili: Scot Blair for his Peruvian Gaucho Chili
Best Cornbread: Sarah Scalo for her Grace’s Cornbread Pudding
Honorable Mention: Juliet Law and Anna Talley, 3rd Graders at McKinley, for their SoNo Sisters’ Chili
Overall Winner, for earning the most votes across all categories, was Scot Blair.
2015 Community Chili Potluck
A community CELEBRATION & fundraiser for McKinley Elementary
Saturday, December 5, 2015
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Buy a bowl and warm it with neighborhood chili.
- Buy a handmade ceramic bowl & SoNo Fest tasting card one day early for $20.
- Sample the neighborhood chili.
- Keep the bowl to use at SoNo Fest on Sunday the 6th… and beyond!
50% of proceeds will be donated to the McKinley Elementary School Arts & Language Program.
Bring a dish to share!
- Sign up here or in the McKinley office.
- Make chili or cornbread.
- Check in on Dec 5th 12:30-1pm with your labeled dish & utensils (put your name & phone no.)
- Eat, drink, vote and enjoy.
- Contest categories: Best Overall, Best Meat, Best Vegetarian, Most Unique Chilis; and Best Cornbread.
- Voting will end at 3pm, winners announced at 4 pm.
- The top winner (most votes across categories) will have the honor of being a restaurant chili judge at Sono Fest on Sunday, Dec 6th.
Download the flyer
Where is it?
San Diego Ceramic Connection
3216 Thorn St, San Diego, CA
View Larger Map
The Pottery Sale runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so come on by!